Setting Some Chaos Goals!
Life at Chaos HQ has been one chaotic disaster after another these last 12 months.
No matter what I seem to do, I feel like I am just keeping my head above water, treading it day in and day out and I am exhausted.
So I have decided that no matter what happens in and around our lives, I need to do some things to keep myself sane and in a decent head space.
Gone are the days of feeling totally guilty for wanting something for myself.
I have realised (remembered) that craft makes me happy. It relaxes me and gives me that time to just let my mind unwind. I also like to achieve things and see progress in my living environment.
So here’s the plan…
Week 1 – May 7th
* Design and sew (with mum’s help) the car seat covers for the Monster Squad Bus. The fabric has been sitting here collecting dust for weeks and as soon as it’s done I can set the car seats and capsule up in the car properly.
Setting up the car seats in a different manner, may help with the mayhem the kids usually cause when in the bus, and setting the new baby’s capsule up means that there is one less thing clogging up our hallway inside the house!!!
* I am also putting in some time this week to do some more of the crotchet baby blanket I have been working on. My goal is 3 lines per night.
Week 2 – May 14th
* Create a new bag rack/organisation area for the children. I want to raise the bags off the floor and give them their own calendar/planner type space to record all their commitments and activities on.
* Crotchet 3 lines of baby blanket each night.
Week 3 – May 21st
* Since my time is very limited these days and I am certain it will only get more and more limited when bub arrives, I want to pre-decorate his scrapbook, so it is ready to add in his first pictures.
This will be one of my bigger craft tasks, so I will just focus on doing this all week.
Week 4 – May 28th
* I want to finish off my crotchet baby blanket this week. It’s been a long project for me and I will be glad when it is finally done!
* If I have any spare time, I would like to start on a baby hat.
Week 5 – June 4th
* This week I am going to try my hand at creating a bunting for the wall beside the baby furniture.
* I also want to sew up some harem pants for myself and perhaps a new top.
Week 6 – June 11th
* Might attempt to make a Nappy Cover to go with the owl hat and cocoon that I have here already. I have never made one of these before but cannot wait to have a play with my camera once this baby is born.
* I also want to paint the baby’s wooden name letters to co-ordinate with the bedroom, on the condition that we have actually settled on a name, that is…..
So that is my craft plan for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully I will achieve most if not all of my goals.
What is your favourite activity that helps you relax???