The DIY creation of Levi’s New Bedroom – June/July 2011
I wont keep you all in suspense any longer. Although I wanted to wait until the whole area we have been working on was finished, I will give you a look at Levi’s new bedroom now. Here goes:
Here are a few photos of the area we had to work with for Levi’s room. It had previously been an exit into a veranda/porch but had been ‘renovated’ before we purchased the house.
As you can see in the second picture we had to remove an old window that looked into our bathroom.
This next photo shows that we lowered and replaced the ceiling as it was damaged from an old leak.
Here you can see that we have built a dividing wall in and re-plastered the entire area.
After painting the walls a pale blue and finishing off a darker blue suede feature wall, it was time to stain the new floor boards we put down.
So with the floor finished and the walls completely done, it was time to build the furniture and decorate his room!
The next few photos are what the room looks like tonight. We still have a little rocket ship lamp to mount on the wall, small white box frames to put up and a whole heap of toys to go through and put in his room.