School Holidays – Day 1- The survival plan.
I have woken early this morning to the sounds of one little obnoxious man tooting and chugging around the house. The train obsessed child was up early as per usual and my hopes and dreams of a slight sleep-in were destroyed.
Welcome to the 1st day of my most despised holiday break. Why do I hate this lot of holidays so bad? It’s usually raining. And pouring. And freezing cold. Often makes it near impossible to get them all out of the house to do anything remotely fun. 6 kidlets trapped in a smallish house for 14+ days really isn’t what I would call a HOLIDAY!!!
So its time to come up with a plan. A budget plan. 🙂
I am going to aim for 12 activities so that if something comes up, we can be flexible.
1. Movies to see Cars 2.
2. Picnic at the park/playground.
3. Obstacle course in the backyard.
4. Local Library visit for their Boomerang Workshop.
5. Driving Adventure up Mount Cole.
6. Visit Relatives with kids – big play date!
7. Invite friends over for a play.
8. Go to the Local Football.
9. Scrapbooking and craft day.
10. Build a Veggie Garden.
11. Cooking Day.
12. Indoor play centre.
As well as these activities we will be doing a daily walk with the dogs and general play that keeps them busy in the house!
I am aiming for a very relaxed & easy 2 weeks with the children.
I hope your holidays are off to a great start.