Hi and thanks for stopping by to get to know me a little better!
My name is Jacqui, chaos co-ordinator and writer in chief at Common Chaos Chronicle.
Before that though, I am a wife, a mother and a step-mum.
Sounds fairly simple…. right?
Ok, I forgot to mention that I’m married to the most disorganised man in Australia, I have 6 young children that I refer to as my MonsterSquad (often with good reason) and although complicated circumstances prevent us from seeing much of my husband’s daughter, we love her to bits and miss her like mad.
If that’s not enough to keep me busy day in and day out, we have almost a zoo’s worth of pets including cats, dogs, turtles, horses and fish who all get a random mention on the blog here and there.
On the advice of many I have decided to release my brain into blog form and share my thoughts, ideas and hilarious stories about the day to day life in our house. Not only will it make for a good record if my head does eventually explode off my shoulders, it will allow me to unclog the years and years of ideas and experience I have built up in my brain.
So when I’m not elbows deep in dirty dishes, drowning in the washing pile or wrestling monsters, I enjoy:
* Practicing the art of Crochet, making hats, scarves, blankets, toys and much more!
* Traditional scrapbooking and I have just developed an interest in digital scrapbooking too.
* Music – Love it, I play guitar although I’m very rusty these days but love sharing my love of music with the kids anyway.
* All things DIY – especially interior design.
* Hand crafts such as sewing, knitting, paper craft and so on.
* Organising anything – My house, parties, functions etc ~ I am a self confessed Planner (diary) addict.
Blogging is my outlet. Its my source of communication with other grown ups and also helps us out with a little extra mullah.
I love the friendships I have made with my readers and the community we have on the Facebook Common Chaos Chronicle Page. I’d love for you to comment and join in on our chaos whenever you can!
I hope you enjoy our crazy antics as much as I enjoy sharing them with you.