The winners of the Bananagrams are Darya & Nyree!
We’ll have a vote at dinner time to decide between:
*Family First Night
Thanks all who entered
🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Creating fun family moments doesn’t always have to be super expensive.
At Chaos HQ we just don’t have the disposable income to wow the kids with extraordinary activities and events each week. I don’t know too many families that can.
Those of you that read Common Chaos Chronicle religiously and follow the banter on the CCC Facebook page would know that every week as a family we sit down to scoff popcorn and watch a movie, aka ‘MonsterSquad Movie Night’.
It’s a great way to spend time as a family and to create a tradition that the kids will always remember, but the one thing that movie night lacks for me is the ‘conversation’. In fact, it’s a whole lot of ‘Shooshing’ instead.
So I’ve been thinking about this and have decided that we should incorporate a ‘Family Games Night’ into our weekly routine at Chaos HQ.
A games night would have so many benefits for us.
* Family Time – We can talk, have fun, enjoy each others company.
* Budget Friendly – We can make use of the things we have here, and future purchases will be used by all and can be reused.
* It will help with the children learning and practicing their sharing abilities.
* There’s the added bonus of including some educational games in there too.
And that’s just a few benefits, I’m sure I could come up with even more.
To start with I will utilise what we have here at Chaos HQ.
* Playstation 3
* Table Tennis
* Assorted Card Games
* Assorted Board Games – Including the new BANANAGRAMS WORD GAME!!!
(Bananagrams is a little like scrabble, and a crossword and an anagram race in one – you’ll love it – read more about it here!)
Maybe we will rotate, maybe we will have a few different game areas set up – I will let you know what works best for us.
All I need now is a cool name for this new special night, and for your chance to win your own BANANAGRAMS game (I have 2 to giveaway), tell me on this blog post:
WHAT SHOULD OUR NEW FAMILY GAME NIGHT BE CALLED?
I will select my 2 favourites as winners! Easy.
I look forward to sharing with you all how this works out. Stay tuned on Facebook for updates and to find out what night we choose to start our new tradition!
The Fine Print:
* Competition entries must be posted on this blog post.
* Judges decision is final
* Competition is open until 9pm on the 19th Oct – It’s a quick one so enter now!!!
* Winners will be contacted via email and must respond within 48hrs.
Hosted by Three Lil Princesses