Cleaning The Way With The Dyson V6 Absolute Handstick Vacuum!
I’d like to say it’s time to get crackin’ and commence ‘Spring Cleaning’ before the school holidays start but lets face it, anyone with kids can tell you that ‘Spring Cleaning’ happens 365 days a year. Honest truth.
Whether it be everyday mess like dirt off their shoes and 3/4 of the daycare sandpit, or the clean up after that gorgeous glitter inspired craft ensemble they’ve constructed, the mess is there and it’s usually left up to the grown ups to clean up. Boo!!!!
Dyson have come to my rescue with the brand new release of their latest handstick vacuum, the Dyson V6 Absolute.
We have used Dyson vacuums in the past so we’re no strangers to the power and quality that they possess, but after a trial of the new V6 Absolute, you literally had to pick my jaw up off the floor. It definitely does SUCK, in the most awesome cleaning way imaginable!
So with 8 people tromping through Chaos HQ, you can imagine just how grotty the carpet gets in a short period of time. Yep, it’s pretty feral.
In the name of science….. errrr, I mean review, I deliberately left the floors untouched for 4 whole days. Ewwww, let’s just say I don’t cope well when walking barefoot over 4 days of grit.
Anyway, at the end of the forth day, I couldn’t take the mess anymore and dragged out our big Dyson Animal Vac and ran it over the lounge room floor. Upon finishing the room, Jai pipes up and say’s “Mum, weren’t you supposed to use the new V6 one???”
Gah, old habits die hard and in the fluster of broken Nutri-Grain bits between my toes I had grabbed out old faithful instead. “Yes!!! I exclaimed but it’s too late now, I’m not going another 4 bloomin’ days of crunchy carpet” I wailed….
So Jai took it upon himself to get out the new Dyson V6 Absolute Handstick Vacuum and re-vacuum what I had already done with the big Dyson, claiming that I should just snap some pics and readers would be none the wiser… Cheeky sod.
But to our surprise, as he manoeuvred the Dyson V6 Absolute around the already cleaned carpet, the canister on the back was becoming more and more full. Turns out that this little beauty out sucks our big vacuum by a long shot and after our initial shock, we emptied it 3 times just in the one ‘clean’ room. INCREDIBLE.
So it really goes to show just how much gunk and dirt is in your carpets, even when they appear clean. Now I like to use the big vacuum a couple of times a week to remove the bulk of the mess on the floors at Chaos HQ, but then just whip over the floors each evening with the V6 Absolute in half the amount of time that it usually takes to drag out the bigger vacuum.
Seeing the difference it made, Jai was also inspired to vac out the van, which was super easy with the different attachments that the V6 Absolute comes with. I couldn’t believe it that he went out and did it himself without being nagged about it. Nothing like a new toy to get the MonsterSquad inspired to help out, I must admit it is kind of fun to wave about, and since the pole on this one is red, it’s been know as the floor-saber since it arrived! Thank you Star Wars…. 😉
Want to know more about it’s features?
V6 Absolute features:
- Soft roller cleaner head: A soft roller cleaner head engineered to suck up both large dirt and fine dust simultaneously. Powerful cleaning without scratching.
- 75% more brush power: A second cleaner head features a direct-drive motor that creates 75% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 vacuum to better agitate carpet pile and tackle ground-in spills and stains.
- Easy to push: A large, soft roller and increased versatility from a re-designed neck enables smooth movement across floor types.
- Dyson digital motor V6: The latest Dyson digital motor gives V6 Absolute the most powerful suction of any cordless vacuum.
- 2 Tier RadialTM Cyclone Technology: Flings dust out of the air and into the bin, separating out even the most microscopic particles.
- Handheld conversion: The wand can be easily removed and tools attached directly to the cyclone pack for cleaning stairs, couches, mattress and car interiors.
- Run-time: This machine will run for 20 minutes, 16 with the motorized cleaner head and for 6 minutes on boost mode.
- Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the red button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
- Weight: 2.2 kg.
- Warranty: 2 year parts and labor warranty.
- Energy Star Rating: The machine’s battery charger has qualified for the Energy Star rating, due to its energy efficiency.
- Price: $899.99
The Dyson V6 Absolute Handstick Vacuum has made cleaning floors at Chaos HQ a family job, done in minutes without the arguments that we used to have. It perfect for families, people with pets and the elderly too. I just love it, and I know you will too.
This review post is brought to you by Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle, Kids Business and the awesome people at Dyson who gifted us this fantastic product to trial.