When we had our twins 8 years ago, we didn’t really know that much about feeding babies.
They were our ‘learn as you go’ kids so to speak.
They progressed from being breastfed, to drinking formula, to spitting Farax at us and eventually taking to some tinned apples, custards and veges.
We followed the age ranges on the supermarket shelves to guide us through the stages of feeding our 2 little monsters.
As the years went by and we had more babies our knowledge became much much broader as did the menu for our little ones.
By the time we started feeding Levi (number 5) solids, time became a major factor and we often slipped back into using pre-prepared jar baby food.
You do what you have to do.
Elijah (number 6) is almost 4months old already and sometime over the next 2 months will be looking for something a little more than milk.
This time around I want to avoid jar/tin food whenever possible, and make my own baby food.
Not because I am totally against jar/tin baby food, or don’t approve of it, but for 3 reasons really….
1. Home made food is healthier. I know what goes in it and know what nutrients bub is getting.
2. It’s a massive money saver to make your own baby food simply using what you cook at home anyway.
3. I never, ever (did I say NEVER??) want to have to taste that fake processed baby food taste ever again. Without a doubt I will always accidentally check the temperature of the food by shoving some in my mouth. It’s not yum people…. not yum at all….
So I got my mitts on a Phillips Avent Combined Steamer / Blender, which promised nutritious food made quick and easy and just quietly, it did not disappoint!
Within 20mins I had fresh baby food ready to serve.
In the box you also receive a little recipe book to help you put together some baby meals but I thought I would just get all creative with what I had left in the kitchen!
For this combination of vegetables I put enough water in the steamer for it to steam for 15mins, which was just right!
Once steamed, you simply flip the jug-like piece over and hold the knob on the blend setting.
To get that ‘first time feeding’ type consistency, I kid you know I blended it for approx 10 seconds! Super quick!
Now, I had a quick taste test of this and it was yum. Nothing plasticy tasting about it.
Since Elijah is a few months off having a go at it, I called on the services of ‘Monster Levi’ to give it a crack.
At first he wasn’t so sure, silly mum mentioned it was ‘baby food’….
After some convincing he had a go, then a second go, then gave it the big thumbs up.
Apparently I am allowed to serve this up to his ‘whittle ewhy’,(little Eli).
So in my opinion, the Phillips Avent Combined Steamer Blender is getting the big thumbs up.
It’s easy to use, it’s quick & convienient, it’s easy to clean and the food tastes fresh and yum.
I am even going to make up some meals and freeze them for Elijah to save even more time.
Now for the great news:
I am giving away one Phillips Avent Combined Steamer Blender to a lucky Common Chaos Chronicle reader.
All you have to do to be in the running to win this cool prize is tell me what you would put in the blender to make a delicious baby meal????
(yes, I’m using you guys for inspiration!)
And don’t forget to like Common Chaos Chronicle on FACEBOOK!
HERE’S THE FINE PRINT:
* Competition is open to Australian Residents Only – Sorry everyone else, but thanks for supporting Common Chaos with comments and love :-)xox
* Winner will be selected by Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle and my decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
* Winner will be notified via email – make sure you supply the correct email addy and check your email inbox and junk folder!!!
* Winner will have 48hrs to contact me after I send off the email. After this time a new winner will be selected.
* Competition ends on Friday 26th October 2012 at 7pm AEST.
* Phillips Avent supplied me with this product to review. They must have heard me moaning about time constraints too! All opinions are honest and my own. Photographs taken in the kitchen of CHAOS HQ.
WELL…… WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
Luv Jac xoxo
Hosted by Three Lil Princesses