Here is how I do my super quick and easy Honey Mustard Chicken & White Rice.
It is a very popular dish in our house, as it’s easy to make and easy for the kids to eat.
I am not a fancy cook, I do the basics to get a meal on the table each night. I’ve tried elaborate plating up of meals, but it has never worked for us, so meals like this are a godsend!
I do cook in bulk, we serve up for 8 most nights and I ususally have plenty left over to make up a dinner box or 2 for the freezer. If you’re only cooking for 4, just half what I have used.
4-5 cups of White Rice
2 x Honey Mustard Sauce (Mine is Aldi, but you can purchase it in any supermarket)
2 x Large Chicken Breast Fillets
1/2 a 1kg Bag (Approx 500gr) of Mixed Frozen Vegetables.
Oil or Cooking Spray
1. Put your rice in a large saucepan and add some water. Water should be approx an inch over the rice. I’m not fantastic at making rice and I miss my rice cooker dearly. If you have a rice cooker, just use that 🙂 Put your saucepan on a low-medium heat and let the rice bubble away until the water has absorbed.
2. Cut up your chicken in to small pieces.
3. Heat up your frying pan and give it a light spray of cooking spray or use oil.
4. Add the chicken and cook until its white all the way through.
5. Once your chicken is cooked, add your vegetables into the pan.
6. Mix the vegetables into the chicken so it’s evenly spread out.
7. Add the Honey Mustard Sauces to the pan. Stir them around until it is all well mixed in.
8. Let the rice cook on and the Honey Mustard simmer away in the fry pan.
9. Once the Rice is ready, and the sauce has cooked through, add the sauce to the rice and stir through.
(I used to serve it up with the rice first then a serve of the sauce on top, but I found the kids ended up flicking rice everywhere trying to mix it, so now we all eat it almost risotto style mixed together).
10. Serve up in bowls and ENJOY!